Why can't I claim my show on Fountain?
Should you encounter any difficulties when claiming your show on Fountain, please check below and take the suggested steps below that are relevant to the issue you are experiencing:
Can't find your show on Fountain?
If you can't find your show when searching on Fountain, check whether it has been submitted to PodcastIndex:
- Search for your podcast on PodcastIndex. If it's there, make sure you are spelling it correctly when searching on Fountain.
- If you can't find it, add your feed to PodcastIndex by entering the URL for your podcast feed
- After a short wait, you will be able to find your show in Fountain and follow the process to claim your podcast
Don't see an option to claim your podcast?
If your podcast already has a value block you won't be able to claim it on Fountain until you delete the existing value block. To remove an existing value block from your podcast's RSS feed:
- Go to podcasterwallet.com then enter the email address in your podcast's RSS feed and the URL of your feed and press Next to log in
- Press the Delete button next to your podcast and wait for 30 minutes
- You will now be able to claim your show on Fountain and we will create a new value block for you
- Your podcast income will now appear in your Fountain wallet
Note: If you have added a private RSS feed, you will not be able to claim the podcast.
Getting an error when claiming your podcast?
If you see an error message you might have entered the wrong email in your public RSS feed. Check the following with your podcast hosting provider:
- Has the email in your public RSS feed been hidden by your hosting provider to protect you against email spam? If so, they will give you an option to temporarily add an email address to your feed so it can be verified by certain directories and services like Fountain.
- Does the email address in your public RSS feed belong to you? Some providers will automatically assign you an email address that you don't have access to. If so, they will give you an option to change it.
Not receiving the verification email after claiming your podcast?
If you didn't receive the verification email we sent you after you entered after claiming your podcast, please check your junk mail folder. If you can't find the email, please contact Fountain customer support.
Want to learn more? Read our Podcaster Guide to Value for Value